Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Lost and found

Yesterday I decided to walk home from work. It is terribly far, 13-14 kilometres actually, but it's not an unpleasant walk. That is, if you chose to ignore the giant hill that makes out the beginning and the mad traffic that roars past you for most of the way.

The first time I tried the walk I ended up slightly lost on a golf course in my attempt to reach the pedestrian path across the Roseville Bridge. The second time I had a better game plan and shaved a couple of kilometres and quite a few minutes off my walk by not getting lost.

Yesterday was my third time. It gets easier, but it also gets more boring. It is a LONG walk. So at one point about half way I started running just to get time to pass faster. This would have been well and good, if it hadn't been for the fact that my back pack came open at some point along the way and my favourite skirt fell out! Once I noticed, it was too late to turn back. I finally got home after 2 hours and 7 minutes on the road, and decided not to think about the lost garment.

This morning in my car, guess what I spotted on the side of the road? My skirt! I wasn't able to stop at that point, in the middle of 6 lanes in rush hour traffic, so instead I drove over there on my lunch break and actually retrieved the beloved skirt. It lives to be worn another day!

2 comments:

Lena said...

Då vi flyttade till huset ramlade det av två av mammas hemvävda mattor nånstans efter vägen. Tog en sväng med bilen då jag upptäckt det och jajamensan där låg de! Ett mirakel att de fanns kvar!

pappa said...

Mer än fantastiskt att du återfann din kjol.
Lika fantastiskt är att du går hem från jobbet.