Wednesday, February 15, 2017

The cutest little leech

My youngest daughter is starting to have second thoughts about having been born. Not because life on the outside is particularily difficult, but because lately it has dawned on her that her mother can put her down and simply walk away. Back before she was born she was carried along everywhere, and now the mother (a.k.a. me) puts her down in various places throughout the day as if she had better things to carry. And this is, apparently, entirely unacceptable. 

There are approximately ten minutes first thing in the morning when Clara is quite happy on the floor, munching on a toy or other item she's managed to reach, and practicing her belly-to-back roll. Fifteen minutes possibly, if she's in the bouncer with a good overview of the family. Just enough time for me to go to the toilet and have breakfast. If I'm quick, that is. Usually the complaining begins somewhere half way through my cup of tea.

Then, for the rest of the day, she howls as if I've stuck a needle in her if I so much as indicate intent on putting her down anywhere. She wants to be carried around (simply sitting on my lap, stationary, usually won't do), be fed, or sleep in my arms. NOT play on the floor. NOT sit in the bouncer. In the bouncer she'll screech if I go out of sight, then quiet for a brief moment shen she spots me again, then screech even more desperately when it becomes clear that I am not in fact making my way straight over to pick her up.

Thank goodness for my Ergobaby carrier. Clara can sit on my belly like a baby koala as I go about my business, nuzzling into my neck and sniffling away the tears from when I put her down earlier to have a shower.

This young lady needs to start crawling soon so that her horizons widen a bit.

1 comment:

Ebba said...

Återigen drabbas jag av tvillingpanik