Monday, April 24, 2017

The good old days

As much as I love my life with my two crazy girls, and being jumped on at 5.30 am, sometimes I miss the good old days. And by good old days I mean the days when I would wake up late in Dwayne's super king size bed (yes, really!) in his flat share in Cricklewood, London, and we would eat something unhealthy in bed whilst watching endless episodes of Time Team. And if we decided to get out of said super king size bed we'd go walking for hours on Hampstead Heath, getting lost, finding our way again, and having lunch either at the Spaniard's Inn (cloudy cider!) or the Roebuck (great Sunday roast!). 

Unless we were hung over, in which case we would only make it to the dodgy Wetherspoon on Cricklewood Broadway for a blue cheese burger.

Said super king size bed was amazing, by the way. It was like sleeping in a luxuriously padded room. And there was so much space (and no kids) in the bed, you'd have to sit up and look over to ascertain whether the other person was still there. AMAZING.

5 comments:

Lena said...

Not the cider!'Cause you're a lady!

Unknown said...

I hear ya sister! Having similar thoughts involving live bands in Melbourne, late nights, sleep-ins etc. That life will return. Some time around retirement!

Unknown said...

Unknown.. It's Hanna

Unknown said...

Unknown.. It's Hanna

Unknown said...

I hear ya sister! Having similar thoughts involving live bands in Melbourne, late nights, sleep-ins etc. That life will return. Some time around retirement!