Hello out there! This last week has been mayhem. Between setting up our house and getting my head around my new job, I have had no time or energy to write my blog. But I promise to be better going forward!
Last weekend was a long one here in NSW, as Monday was a bank holiday. Dwayne and I spent Saturday on his mother's houseboat on the Hawkesbury river in pouring rain. I did manage to do a little fishing in between downpours, but mostly we just had copious amounts of tea and biscuits and watched movies.
On Monday the weather was cold but sunny (and very windy!) so we took the chance to go exploring the area around Dee Why. We walked the length of the beach going north, waded across the inlet of the lagoon (We learnt the hard way to time the crossing correctly. The price of learning was wet shorts, brrr....!) and continued around the cliffs on the edge of Long Reef golf club to the next beach. It's a beautiful little walk, with gorgeous views down the coast. The windy weather had dozens of kite surfers out on the waves. It looked like fun, but the sea at Dee Why looks vicious. The waves and currents are quite intimidating - I shan't be found swimming in that deadly whirlpool EVER. Looks amazing though.
5 comments:
Men... har ni bosatt er vid en strand där man inte kan bada? Hur tänkte du nu?
Jo, man det är klart man kan bada! De sätter ut flaggor - om man simmar mellan flaggorna ska det vara säkert. Och så håller livräddarna ett öga på en.
I måndags var det högvatten och halv storm. Då sätter de upp två skyltar:
"BEACH CLOSED" och "DANGEROUS CURRENTS".
Surfarna skiter i vilket. De paddlar glatt ut i alla väder.
Låter betryggande!
Den där husbåten som Dwaynes mamma har på Hawkesbury River verkar ju ganska spännande. Ni kanske tog några bilder...
Lena - eller hur?
Pappa - Vi fick slut batterier i kameran... men vi tar mer bilder nästa gång!
Post a Comment