Dwayne and I then celebrated in style by checking in to the luxorious Shangri-La hotel overlooking the harbour. I am actually still sitting in said hotel writing right now - from our 20th floor room I have a spectacular view of the harbour bridge and the opera house. It looks unreal! And the room is so nice, I never want to leave. Everything is new and shiny and the bed is ridiculously big and comfortable. I can get used to this.
Anyway, in the evening we went up to the 36th floor and had a glass of champagne in the bar. Then we moved on to the restaurant and had the most fantastic meal imaginable. We chose the chefs selection, a 7 course meal with matching wines. Again - I can get used to this! The food was sublime, the wine incredible and the service spotless. I really did feel like the most important guest they ever had. And to top it all off, my chocolate fondant arrived with a candle and "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" written on the plate in chocolate sauce.
In an hour we will have to check out. We are still staying in the city for another two nights, but there were no rooms available here for the weekend so we are going to a different (less fancy) hotel. I am contemplating refusing to leave. Chain myself to this desk perhaps until they let me stay... But I am sure that would be frowned upon.
Outside it's grey and raining. I suppose you can't have it all.
| Me at our hotel room window, all suited and booted for my job interview. |
5 comments:
Grattis igen!
Vi är så glada för din skull.
/Mamma & pappa
Congratulations on the job. :)
Djäklars så snygg du är, all dressed up för jobbet. Klart du fick'et! När börjar du?
Det blir jobbigt för Dwayne när hans ska bräcka sig själv nästa födelsedag, och nästa, och nästa... :-)
Megakram!!!!!
Lena - Dwaynes mamma sa "She scrubs up well..." :-)
Det var ju ett godkännande på sitt sätt.
Post a Comment