Monday, November 28, 2011

A story that really sucks

I am so upset.

Today I went to Melbourne for work, flew out in the morning and back again this afternoon. But this is not the upsetting part. To summarise, Fifi & Jules is the radio show I listen to on Today FM in the afternoons when I drive home. A couple of weeks ago Fifi & Jules announced that they were having an office Christmas party at the radio station, and they were inviting the listeners as they consider them colleagues. Now, since they can't have ALL the listeners attend the party, they had a competition online where all you had to do was write in 50 words or less about a Christmas party experience that you've had. So, I did. I went online and entered the contest with a couple of amusing Christmas party anecdotes of mine.

Anyway. There I was, this afternoon just before 5pm at the gate at Melbourne Airport, when my mobile rang. It was Today FM. Calling me. To see if I was free to chat about coming to the Fifi & Jules office Christmas party! I said I was just about to board a plane (at this point I was standing at the door to the aircraft) and the lady said "what, right this minute?" and I said yes, right this very minute. And she said that's a shame, they would need to speak to me within the next hour, or I'd miss out.

And so, I missed out.

I cannot BELIEVE this happened. I blame Melbourne.

I am now going to go cry a little bit.

3 comments:

Lena said...

Det är ju verkligen jättejätteförskräckligt. Mitt hjärta går ut till dig (som det inte heter på svenska).

Lena said...

Skicka in en ny anmälan! Det pågår ju fortfarande!

pappa said...

Det är sådant som brukar kallas "olyckliga omständigheter".